Hacking the HP5065A Rubidium Frequency Standard¶
I ran into a cheap used HP5065A on eBay.
There are a lot of indications that the physics package in the HP5065A has more potential than the electronics.
And since I recently bought the 3rd edition of The Art Of Electronics, which is all about quality electronics, I suddenly had a new project...
The articles below are in reverse chronological order, if you want to follow the saga, start from the botton.
- HP5065A The synthesizer
- HP5065A Working Digital Clock
- HP5065A C-field Driver Prototype
- HP5065 Clock Upgrade
- Prototype PCB board
- More PSU sensitivity
- C-field driver - again, again
- An independent opinion
- C-field driver - again
- New DC/DC converter PSU
- Lamp Measurements
- HP 00105 OCXO pre-heater
- C-field driver
- C-field again
- Status so far
- The A15 power supply
- Doing the math on HP5065A
- HP5065A Power Supply Simplification
- HP5065A C-field potentiometer
- Abusing MVAR calculations
- HP5065A Temperature Sensitivity